Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away

Its true. I've heard this saying many times. Its a beautiful saying.
Life is not measured by me in breaths or days or weeks or years... but by the landmarks, the events, the moments that take my breath away. The funny thing about that saying, is that when I often hear it, people are referring to the joyful events.... but there are sorrowful and difficult moments that take our breath away, that change us, that mold us.... Events that we measure the rest of our life with.
My life is filled with moments that take my breath away............

Memories with Good friends

My parents divorced

Getting my first car

My First Job

Graduating High School

Going to College

Falling in love

Getting married

Buying our first home

Having our first child

A promotion at work

Moving to a new town

Recieving Faith's diagnosis of T13

Meeting her after she defied the odds

Holding my child in my arms as she died

Having another daughter!

Experiencing a miscarriage

Creating a blog( yes the blog made the list!)

No comments: