Friday, June 19, 2009

"I'm an Okie from Muskogee"

Ethan on a camel, during our weekend trip


Thanks to Merle Haggard for making Muskogee Oklahoma Famous with that memorable song!
I am not really an Okie from Muskogee but my brother is- and my dad's side of the family all live there.

Growing up, we would visit often. We spent a week or two every summer with Aunt Peggy or Aunt Lori, our crazy red headed cousins( only half are red headed- but that is plenty enough of the crazy reds!) or Grandma Diane. Muskogee is like a second home away from home for me and it holds lots of fond memories.

This last weekend, we got to return to Muskogee with the kids for my Uncle J.B.'s 50th surprise birthday party.
We stayed over in Muskogee at a hotel which Ethan thought was just the coolest thing EVER. I know this becuase he told us multiple times " This is the best day EVER!"



Things went pretty smoothly with the kids on the trip although I did catch Ethan trying to pee on his cousin John Bailey in the playhouse during swim time. Before I could get on to Ethan much for this, I was informed that John Bailey did in fact pee on Ethan first . I was all set to get on to Ethan anyways when Cliff advised me that there are certain things a boy just has to do in those situations. Huh. Another one of those guy things that I didnt know or understand.
Sunday morning we woke up and headed to the Tulsa Zoo, followed by a trip to the mall before heading home.
The kids really enjoyed the zoo and Ethan decided that Sunday, rather than Saturday was " the best day EVER ever!"

Here are a few pictures from our weekend trip:


Ethan at the Hotel





Olivia finally going to sleep at the hotel
A picture from inside the tunnel on the zoo train



Cliff and Olivia on the train



Ethan, right before the train started to go




See, everyone congregates around the air conditioner during Oklahoma summers, even the penguins!



One of the Flamingos. We liked watching them go to sleep by sticking their head in their back feathers

No comments: