Monday, June 22, 2009

Its like Christmas in June!


Today I got an espresso maker! Now, before you jump to any conclusions about my spending habits.. let me just say I am a little too frugal to splurge on one of these no matter how much I want one.
My new drink of choice is a Skinny Caramel Latte iced. I have had them at Starbucks on a few rare occasions and love them! Not wanting to spend the green at Starbucks I have given in to a splurge on the McDonalds Iced Caramel coffee a few times a week. At 1.69 a pop- this is still alittle more than I want to spend when I could make it cheaply myself.
I got the FF Caramel syrup that I need for the recipe but couldnt make it work with regular coffee.... I was determined to keep trying and I asked my mom an easy way to steep my milk without a magical expresso machine.
My moms simple solution was to offer me her espresso maker. At first I declined as I am timid to do anything that would look like taking advantage of my mom.... but when I went over to her house tonight and saw that it was GASP! gathering dust...........I decided to take her up on the offer. Afterall, she offered. I didnt ask for it.
It is now sitting in my kitchen... and I am greatly anticipating my iced caramel skinny latte in the morning....

Now if I could just get over this excitment and get to sleep.

I might really need that espresso in the morning after all.
To Coffee!! ( raises mug)


No comments: